If you want to record your iPad using Squirrels Reflector software*, but the iPad won’t show your Mac on the list of Airplay devices, here’s a workaround I found that others might find helpful – assuming you’ve got an iPhone, that is…
- Make sure the Reflector software is running on your Mac
- Now, on your iPhone, set up a personal hotspot (in Settings > Personal Hotspot)
- Connect your Mac and your iPad to the personal hotspot
- Now pull up the Airplay option on your iPad again and.. voilà!
I spent a good hour trying to open up various ports on my BT Home Hub router, shutting down the 5GHz band and trying to open up various ports to get it to work. In the end I had to give up.
* I have version 1.6.6, there is a version 2 that I guess might work off the bat.